MapInfo Discover 2016.0.1 64-bit maintenance release
Last modified: Apr 12, 2017
The MapInfo Discover 2016.0.1 maintenance release is now available.
Released April 2017
With this incremental release, GPS co-ordinates and information can now be captured with the Data Entry module. It also resolves some issues with the Drillholes module, as well as a number of other defects:
- ENDIS-805 - Drillholes > 3D Coordinates tool now only creates rows for HoleIDs that exist in the Collar table.
- ENDIS-5184 - Transparency of drillhole legends in 3D is now supported.
- ENDIS-5763 - Analysis > Trivariate Classification now allows custom output file names.
- ENDIS-6474 - Scaled output now maintains the mapper scale.
- ENDIS-6485 - The Data Entry > Record Entry and Enter Data tools now correctly populate the target table with GPS-specific information.
- ENDIS-6491 - Resolved some issues with the Vector Transform tool's handling of DXF files.
- ENDIS-6519 - Drillholes - Zero collars/DEM/data in a section crashes Create Section.
- ENDIS-6537 - Fixed an Autoscale error with text labels in Drillholes Downhole Data.
- ENDIS-6546 - Resolved a crash with the Drillholes 3D Coordinates tool when operating on large drillhole projects.
- ENDIS-6549 - Favourite Workspaces & Favourite MBXs now support the multiple selection of files using the CTRL key.
- ENDIS-6569 - Resolved an 'Incorrect 3D clipping results' error with the Drillholes Downhole Object Clip tool.
- ENDIS-6582 - Resolved the Seismic Sections tool (MapInfo Discover 3D) not opening correctly.
Note: This maintenance release requires a full existing installation of MapInfo Discover 2016 64-bit.
Note that the MapInfo Pro 16.0.1 64-bit patch is also now available.
Download from here, or via the PRO tab> About > Updates option in MapInfo Pro .
This includes a number of enhancements:
- A powerful Layout Undo feature
- Sample Count for the MapInfo Pro Advanced Line of Sight tool
- Intervisibility for the MapInfo Pro Advanced Viewshed tool
It also re-enables the Kernel Density Estimator (KDE) options for Hotspot Density interpolation (MapInfo Pro Advanced > Create Raster), as well as addressing a range of other issues. For full details, see the MapInfo Pro 16.0.1 Release Notes.
- These Tips and Tricks will help you navigate and optimize the 64-bit environment.
- A comprehensive guide to all things MapInfo 64-bit.
- A range of detailed video tutorials, including using the new GPS and Data Entry modules.
- For technical support and product usage issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org