MapInfo Professional v11.5.1 Maintenance Release – MSP file
Last modified: Sep 25, 2012
This is NOT valid for:
- Any pre-releases of MapInfo Professional v11.5
- Any localized version of MapInfo Professional v11.5
- MapInfo Professional Runtime v11.5
- MapBasic v11.5
The MSP file for the MapInfo Professional Maintenance Release only updates the English version of MapInfo Professional 11.5. It does not update:
- MapInfo Professional Runtime
Version: MapInfo Professional 11.5 English
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with 32-bit compatibility mode
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2 with XenServer
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
We recommend that you print this page for easy reference during the installation process.
Prior to Installing the Patch
- Install MapInfo Professional 11.5 English version, if not already installed.
- Quit MapInfo Professional if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MIPro115patch.
- Click on the MapInfoProfessional11.5.1MaintenanceRelease.msp - this will cause the File Download dialog box to appear.
- Choose the "Save" button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\ MIPro115patch).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\ MIPro115patch).Installation Instructions
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
- If you downloaded the ZIP file, extract it before continuing to the next step.
Double-click the MapInfoProfessional11.5.1MaintenanceRelease.msp file to start the installation process.
Right-click the MapInfoProfessional11.5.1MaintenanceRelease.msp file and select Run as Administrator from the popup menu to install using elevated privileges. If a prompt for permission to continue displays, click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, the install is unsuccessful).
- This program starts the install wizard that leads you through the rest of the patch installation process. It is important to wait until the installation completes.