MapInfo License Server Utility v3.6
Last modified: Dec 21, 2012
The MapInfo License Server must be installed on your network and be accessible to all MapInfo Professional users. The License Server should be installed by the person who will manage and maintain it, so please give this CD to that person. MapInfo recommends that the server be installed and the correct machine name and port be given to all MapInfo Professional users in your organization before they install as they will be prompted for them at install time.
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with 32-bit compatibility mode
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2 with XenServer
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
We now also support running the License Server Utility on the above Operating Systems in the following virtualized environments:
- VMware Workstation 7.0
- VMware ESX 4.0 and 4.1
Download Instructions - License Server Installer:
- Create temporary directories on your hard drive, such as C:\TEMP\LSU
- Click on the lsu36-setup.zip download link that will cause the File Download dialog box to appear.
- Choose the "Save" button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\LSU).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\LSU)
- Double-click on the file called LSU36_setup.zip, this will extract the program
- Double-click on the file MILS_Setup.exe to start the installer Wizard that will lead you through the rest of the installation process.