MapBasic v16.0 Download
Last modified: Oct 31, 2016
MapBasic® is a complete, BASIC-like programming language used to create custom applications for use with MapInfo Pro®. Use MapBasic to extend geographic functionality, automate repetitive operations, or integrate MapInfo Pro with other applications - quickly and easily.
IMPORTANT: Applications built with MapBasic v16.0 require MapInfo Pro v16.0 or higher to run. Older versions of MapInfo Pro cannot run applications built with MapBasic v16.0.
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1 with XenApp 6.0
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit SP1 with XenApp 7.5
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\TEMP\MapBasic.
- Click on the MapBasic160_setup.zip download link below to open the File Download dialog.
- Click Save and then navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- After the download completes, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- Double-click the MapBasic160_setup.zip file to extract the program files.
- Double-click the setup.exe file to start the Install Wizard, which will lead you through the rest of the installation process.
Technical Support: MapInfo Pro customers that have active MATS service or have an existing support contract can call technical support on MapBasic related questions.
Training: Pitney Bowes Software offers courses on MapBasic. Please contact your representative to learn about the authorized MapInfo training center near you.