MapBasic v11.5.2 Maintenance Release
Last modified: Dec 21, 2012
MapBasic v11.5.2 maintenance release includes important updates to the MapBasic v11.5.0/11.5.1 software. We recommend that all MapInfo Professional v11.5.2 users should update their version of MapBasic. This patch is not valid for any pre-releases of MapInfo Professional v11.5, MapBasic, or ProViewer. There are no user interface changes, and it can be safely applied to any localized releases of MapBasic v11.5.
Version: MapBasic v11.5/11.5.1
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with 32-bit compatibility mode
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2 with XenServer
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
We recommend that you print this page for easy reference during the installation process.
Prior to Installing the Patch
- Install MapBasic v11.5/11.5.1, if not already installed
- Quit MapInfo Professional if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MapBasic1152patch
- Click on the MapBasic11.5.2MaintenanceRelease.exe - this will cause the File Download dialog box to appear
- Choose the "Save" button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. C:\temp\MapBasic1152patch).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. C:\temp\ MapBasic1152patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
- If you downloaded the ZIP file, extract it before continuing to the next step.
- Windows XP - Double-click the MapBasic11.5.2MaintenanceRelease.exe file to start the installation process.
- Windows 7, Windows 2008 - Right-click the MapBasic11.5.2MaintenanceRelease.exe file and select Run as administrator from the popup menu to install using elevated privileges. If a prompt for permission to continue displays, click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, the install is unsuccessful).
- This program starts the install wizard that leads you through the rest of the patch installation process. It is important to wait until the installation completes.