MapInfo Pro v16.0.1 Maintenance Release MSP (64-bit)
Last modified: Jan 23, 2017
The MSP file for the MapInfo Pro Maintenance Release only updates the English version of MapInfo Pro v16.0. Please note that this patch is only for the 64-bit release of MapInfo Pro 16.0.
The MSP file for the MapInfo Pro Maintenance Release does not update:
- Any pre-releases of MapInfo Pro v16.0.
- Any non-English version of MapInfo Pro v16.0.
- MapInfo Pro Runtime or MapBasic v16.0.
We recommend that you print this page for easy reference during the installation process.
Prior to Installing the Patch
- Ensure that MapInfo Pro v16.0 is already installed.
- Quit MapInfo Pro if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MIPro1601patch.
- Click on the the MapInfoPro16.0.1MaintenanceRelease-MSP file to download the zipped installer.
- Extract MapInfoPro16.0.1MaintenanceRelease.msp to the temporary directory created in step 1. (such as C:\temp\MIPro1601patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
Install this Maintenance Release with elevated privileges. To do this, right-click on the Command-Line Interpreter (cmd.exe) and select Run as administrator from the popup menu, then continue with the following instructions.
To run the Maintenance Release installer MSP file:
type: msiexec /p < The path to the Mapinfopro16.0.1MaintenanceRelease.msp file >
/p = applies the latest patch.
A prompt for permission to continue may display. Click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, then the upgrade is unsuccessful). You can upgrade silently by adding a silent parameter switch to the command, such as /qb, /qn, /qr, or /q. For example:
msiexec /p C:\temp\MIPro1601patch\MapInfoPro16.0.1MaintenanceRelease.msp
REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus /qb
/qb = to see a basic progress dialog box during the installation